Fun, inexpensive and available in all shapes and sizes. It allows for self play, pairs and groups of children and adults (i.e. me) to brush the ball. To enjoy this game you need some small cheap hand brushes and dust pans from your dollar, pound or lira store and a ball. A soft ball is essential particularly if you live in an apartment and are playing inside, as the ball can sometimes make too much noise. Also, if the ball leaves the floor it means nothing gets broken. Balloons also work. With our dustpan and brush we play the following brush the ball games :
- Brushing the ball simply backwards and forwards
- Dribbling and zigzagging the ball around cushions, around the house or around the garden.
- Passing and stopping the ball with someone -either slowly or in a more rhythmic fashion. Sometimes to music is a wonderful way to introduce the notion of a musical beat. With young children you can try out different distances to pass the ball.
- Scoring a goal
- How far can you brush your ball with one brushing motion
- Two brush balance-how long can you keep the ball in motion sending the ball from one brush to the other.
- Brush and scoop- Use the brush to push the ball and the other person tries to stop the ball rolling and get it into the dust pan.
|Imprints from TriciaNo Time For Flash Cards||One Perfect DayWays2Play||The Mommies Made Me Do ItIt’s A Long Story|